Culture Problems For Foreigners In Mexico


The other day a friend of mine came up to me, casually, and told me that he was planning a trip to Mexico in a few weeks and that this would be his first time visiting the country. The conversation turn out like this…

My Friend: Hey, so I´m going to be in Mexico in a couple of weeks.
Me: Oh! That´s cool. Will you be going to the beach side like a typical tourist?
My Friend: No I am going to explore a more cultural side. What do you think I should watch out for, since this is my first visit to Mexico?
Me: Well, mmm, you have to watch out when crossing the street.
My Friend: Why?
Me: Because, it is like in any other very populated country, people are stressed with traffic and they just run on you if you don’t watch out. It is not like you have the right to calmly cross you literally have to run or you will be the one run over.
My Friend: hahah I will sure have to watch out for that.
Mexico CityMe: Listen I do not want you to be discourage or anything but I really want you to have a good time and enjoy as much as you can of this experience that I am sure you will truly love. There is no doubt about that.
My Friend: Sure so tell me more.
Me: Ok. So if you are looking to have a good meal just go for the “T Diet” anything that you find on the street will be of great taste and fulfilling no kidding so wherever you find Tacos, Tortas, Tamales, Tlacoyos etc. Just give them a try hahaha!
My Friend: I love Tacos. Are they like Taco Bell?
Me: Not at all my friend be prepare to delight yourself with the most tasty dishes you have ever had in your life and now that I remember I Know you like spicy food so you will enjoy it even more.
My Friend: I am getting more curious now.
Me: You will love spice even more because you will find it on everything that you can imagine. Spice is thrown on Beers, Fruits, Tortillas, broths, candy, and a lot more.
My Friend: You know what do not tell me anymore I can’t wait to go discover it myself.


After this conversation he seem more excited about his trip because he thought of it as something different and unusual. He finally came to Mexico and fell in love with everything. He found Mexico to be a moshpit of the best cultural pieces. There is no perfect culture but what you make of it!

Comments

Popular Posts